Monday, July 21

Project Runway finally embraces an African

Hi everyone!
How was the weekend? I was working so it was not much of a weekend.
Project Runway is underway and finally an African, Korto Momolu managed to secure a place as one of the contestants on Project Runway Season 5. She is originally from Liberia but was fashion-trained in Canada. She later moved to Arkansas to pursue her passions which include weaving traditional African designs into contemporary clothing.

Korto is a multiple talent. She is a freelance photographer, does some African braiding and is also a makeup artist. I am eager to see how she progresses on Project Runway. She already has done well in the first episode where she was one of the top three designers. The challenge was to make clothing out of unusual sources. She made the dress below from a tablecloth, interesting right! Accessories were made from kale, cherry tomatoes and bell peppers! Way to go girl.

All the best to Korto! We are cheering.....

Visit her website on http://www.kortomomolu.com/

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I am first

Anonymous said...

Korto has beautiful designs. A black should win this time I was disappointed when Michael lost last season. Korto don´t let us down.

Anonymous said...

I love heidi klump and project runway

Anonymous said...

Emilia tell me I need to lose weight fast. what to do gal? any quick diets fixes I NEED HELP

ShonaVixen said...

i love Project Runway and good luck to Korto

Harland Crom said...

I love the Bravo reality shows, especially project runway. I'm pretty confident that their new show, Fashion House, will be good too.

Regardless, I'm still enjoying PR 5 and the last 2 game. anyone playing this season?

http://www.last2left.com/whatsinplay/project-runway-5

O'Dee said...

This dress is lovely. Can't believe it was made 4rm a table cloth.

You are very pretty, n i love ur eye makeup (ref: picture on blog title).

10ks 4 stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

what a woman korto is I hope she proves that she knows her needle

Emilia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilia said...

oluwade thanks for the complements too

Mort said...

I luv project runway!

it's great to see a show that actually requires talent to be won!

love your blog btw,

I'm new to the scene so check out mine and tell me what you think, please? h_h

http://www.caffinatedblog.blogspot.com/